Manufactures of narcotics detection tools often make the claim that there are the ‘best’ or ‘most effective.’ It is easy to make those claims, but it isn’t always easy to prove how effective a tool is.
CSECO (Campbell/Harris Security Equipment Company) doesn’t have a problem proving their products’ effectiveness. The Buster Density Meter, CSECO’s flagship contraband detection tool, has been on the market for over 35 years and is considered by Customs and Border Protection agents and law enforcement around the country as being the ‘gold standard’ of contraband and narcotics detection tools.
The Buster K910G Density Meter isn’t the only product CSECO offers, however. A couple of years ago, the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System was launched. It has exceeded the expectations of CSECO as well as its clients.
Before discussing the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope further, let’s discus the Buster and how it helps counter the flow of illegal drugs and contraband. If you’ve used the Buster in the past, or if you’re a first-time user, you can sure of its reputation and performance.
Designed and developed by CSECO founder, Patrick J. Campbell, the Buster was tested by Customs and Border Protection agents in the field. These first-hand users were able to ensure the Buster would work and would be effective for its intended use.
Recently, the Buster K910B Density Meter was updated. The new name is Buster K910G Density Meter. The new features include:
- Removing all lead components so it is safer for the end-user and the environment.
- The radioactive source was reduced by 25% which makes it smaller than any other density meter available.
These two changes did not affect the other features of the Buster. It still uses low-intensity gamma radiation and scintillation detector which makes scanning suspected vehicles quick. It can also quickly and efficiently scan packages, cargo, and places suspected of having open areas for hiding items. The Buster can read to depths of six inches which allows the user to determine if a suspect space or object contains hidden contraband or narcotics within minutes. This can be done without having to tear the vehicle or object apart unless there is an unusually high density count indicating there may be something stuffed inside a cavity.
Another feature retained on the Buster K910G is the RAD-Aware function. This feature allows an inspector, or first responder, to detect radiation and set up safety parameters in case a dirty bomb has detonated or there is another radioactive release.
Knowing how good the Buster was on its own, CSECO knew other tools would make drug interdiction more effective. The Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System was introduced in 2014.
What benefits are there to using the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope? Here are a few to consider:
- This is a one-piece visual inspection device. No attachments are needed.
- It has a five-inch color LCD display with resolution that is ten times higher than leading fiberscopes. The inspector can clearly see into suspected areas and still maintain visibility on their surroundings.
- There is a slot to hold a high-volume SD card which allows for six hours of video evidence or up to 8,000 photos to be stored.
- Since it doesn’t have optical fibers, it will be less prone to breakage.
- The Underwriters Laboratory (UL) certified the device as being safe to use in locations where there is a high risk of blaze, like inside a fuel tank. The first device of its kind to receive the UL certification, CSECO lead the way in technology again.
The Buster K910G Density Meter, as well as the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System, are effective, safe, and productive drug interdiction equipment. With CSECO, you know you can trust that they have the proven tools for narcotics detection.